Friday, March 26, 2010

A Delight(full) Art

Art is a form of expression. It has been around since the dawn of man. But most people now just take it for granted. Yeah there are some amazing pieces of works out there but most people are collecting it because of the elite status it brings them in there circle of friends. I could sit here and talk to you all about the different artists that have changed the way we view things but we all know them. So I wont waste the time. The reason I am writing this is because of this.

Miss Amanda Delight. The woman, The myth, and the legend in my eyes. I don't know where to begin to describe her. I wouldn't even want to attempt it because this girl is more than words. I have gotten to know her a little bit over this past year. Here is a little bit for those who don't know. Taken from Miss Delight herself.

Taken off of. http://amandadelight.blogspot.com/ (bookmark this now and become friends with her on facebook and become a fan.)

Amanda always says, "I am passionate about human emotion, sacrifice, pain and love. I paint portraits that depict these feelings. Every face has a story to tell, and every story is different." Born in California, Amanda Delight grew up in a military family, traveling the world. She received her first commission by the age of 12. Upon entering The Clark F. Miller, school of radiology; Amanda discovered portrait painting. Throughout college, Amanda painted portraits of classmates, co-workers, and all members of the hospital staff. It was in these years Amanda was inspired to paint the spirit of the people around her. Amanda’s work is constantly morphing as she combines traditional oil painting with modern mixed media techniques. Her work has been featured on several networking sites for artists and her portraits are hung in homes throughout the US and in many parts of the world.

Beyond her words is her paintings. I have seen this girl do some pretty amazing stuff with just the simplest of art tools. Amazing doesn't even begin to describe what the paintings make me feel. She also inspired me to write some of my own works. Those where shared when they were. This is about her.

As I sit here and watch her paint with the boss (her daughter) I get a feeling of watching history in the making. Each brush stroke is another page in history. Writing the pages of men with a painting of everything. They say a photo is worth a thousand words then how much is a painting worth? To me the art she makes is priceless. To be painted by her is an honer and a blessing rolled into one.

 So why am I writing this? I just wanted to tell people to give people my insight into what I see and how I see it. And to let people know about her. This is someone not to be forgotten. I know I wont ever. With all the hard times and the evil she manages to escape into a world we all aren't bless to see.
Art is an amazing thing even in its simplest form. But what she creates is beyond art. Beyond words themselves.

-Chris-

No comments:

Post a Comment