Thursday, August 18, 2016

IPUCUS Pinecone Album Review

This review is a little late. I had to set it aside for the moment due to life. Things got a little bit crazy and still going. But IPUCUS Pinecone (Demi) himself came to me a few weeks ago asking if I would review the new album. Of course I accepted and I gave the album a few listens(of course a few days later).

For those who reading this pretty much knows I am a huge fan of Island Earth Records and probably seen me at a show or two. This review could be bias but I assure you that I am giving my honest opinion on it. But then again my music taste is all over and some have been known to say odd. It's been awhile since I've wrote one of these and will probably be all over the place. Whether you are ready or not here comes some word vomit that I hope turns into something readable and to the point.

When the man himself asked me if I would be willing to do a review I felt honored. It's not everyday that someone like me, that started out as a fan and grew into something different, gets asked personally by an artist. But then again we are talking about one half of the Villebillies and Bass Drum Aliens and a few other projects we are all familiar with.

IPUCUS Pinecone is Demi's way of nerding out of sorts on a subject matter he finds fascinating. There is absolutely nothing wrong with letting your weird side (oh yeah a little Eyedea). Sometimes you have to explore it or else you end up going nuts. Bowie did it with Ziggy Stardust and now Demi is with IPUCUS Pinecone. You can tell his passion on the subject line after line. But does it hold up after a few listens? To me it does just that. I will admit I did grow fond of one track more than the others but more on that after.

Overall I really enjoyed this album and more so with each listen. I could sit here and review every single track one by one but I feel that each track will become its own different being to each listener. Each person will have their own personal feelings for each song and develop their own opinion. Hell if you are reading this then there is a good chance that you have already listened or are about to but wanted to hear someone's ramblings about it. So now my opinion if you couldn't have guessed it by now.

I really enjoyed this album and will add it to my every growing Island Earth collection. IPUCUS Pinecone has landed and is taking over set of ear drums at a time.

Now to mention a little about my favorite track.

For some reason track 6 Clock Shavings stuck out the most for me. Probably didn't help that the chorus was stuck in my head days later driving me crazy. This track is to me the best track off the album. I've clocked more time with this one track than with the album itself. I can't explain why and nor would I, but I really enjoyed this track.

So there you have it. My little review and rambling on the new album.

-Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment